Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy....uh, hallmark dedication day?

I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. I find it pointless to dedicate a holiday where you show people how much you love them. You should be able to show someone you love them everyday. Well this year I did something different. I bought some of Tyrel's favorite candy made a little sign, and left it on the kitchen table for him to see it when he got off work


Yeah it's a little cheezy, but I figured what the heck? Haha. Tyrel thought it was cute and of course he said yes tee hee.

Anyway I went to work like nothing special. Typical crazy Tuesday. The only thing different about it was having a special Valentine party. I was given so many sweets and treats I wont want to eat junk food for a week... Ok, maybe not but you get the idea.

I think the best present I received today was the one from my little 3 year old brother


My mom said they went to the store and he specifically picked it out himself. What a sweet little boy he is! (well most of the time haha) Anyway, it was definitely a pick me up after a not so good day at work. I finished the night with some delicious comfort food and candy hearts from my mom for dessert!



I hope this post doesn't come across as negative. I may sound like the Valentine Grinch, but really I love all the holidays. I dress up, decorate and paint my nails for the occasion. I have nothing against you for celebrating it, I just don't see the point of it I guess.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive