Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bullying: A REAL problem



I'm not sure if I'm actually going to watch this movie, it's looks sad and depressing but at the same time really important. Bullying is a huge problem these days, and it seems to continue to be ignored. Growing up I remember their being problems of kids picking on each other. It would happen, right there in front of the teacher or principal and they would simply just turn the other way, like nothing had happen. I always felt a sense of anger. How could they just ignore it? And the teacher they show in the video, "they are as good as gold," using the same excuse as boys will be boys, and they are just cruel at this age. Well I'm not buying it!

When I was a kid. I was the one that stood up for the other kids being picked on. I made friends with "the loner" who was always by himself. I stopped the behavior. I stood up to the silence. It was sad to see that their weren't very many people that stood with me, even my friends. I was made fun of myself because I was friends with what was known as "the losers" to most people.

It's really sad to see this kind of stuff being ignored and brushed off like it's no big deal. I see this stuff happen in my class of 4 and 5 year olds. Not on MY watch. As soon as I see even the slightest amount of teasing, I stop it. Kids need to know that this type of behavior is not ok! And I make sure they do!

Seeing this has caused me to think and do more research on it. A way to prevent bullying from happening. Some sort of anti-bullying program schools can use. I don't know if schools already something like this, but I'm definitely interested in looking into it and looking up more information about it. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, let me know. I would love to be a part it, to help make a difference in the world.

1 comment:

  1. It really is a terrible thing happening in schools! Thank you for posting this! I borrowed it and put this on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive