Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Spread the word

So I don't know if any of you have heard of Rick Perry, but he is one of the presidential candidates for the up-coming election. I was SHOCKED when I saw this this video.

I understand that everyone is welcome to believe in whatever they want to, but does he not realize that teachers and schools can't physically tell kids not to pray? As a preschool teacher, I allow the kids to openly talk talk about God and have a few kids who pray before eating. Being that we aren't a religious school we aren't allowed to teach it, but it's not because we think God is bad, we have to think about the other side. The side where people are offended by talking about God. We can't force religion onto people. And is he being serious about not celebrating Christmas? My class is celebrating Christmas, sure we have to leave out the religious factor of it, but it's not because we thin religion is evil, we are thinking about the feelings of OTHER people who aren't religious; including me.

I don't understand why people can't accept the fact that Christianity isn't the only religion in the world. Not only is my class celebrating Christmas, but we are celebrating other holidays that are recognized by other people through out the country like, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa.

I was very happy to come across this next video as a response to Rick Perry's video. As a teacher, I'm very proud of this person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive