Friday, December 23, 2011

My thoughts and frusterations

For the past 3 months my life has been consumed with pain, appointments, and stress. Because of this accident I've had to deal with 2 months of neck pain, back pain, headaches and chiropractor appointments. Up until recently I was also dealing with constant nightmares, that caused me to lose sleep at night. It took me quite some time to be able to drive, especially at night. I've just now gotten comfortable behind the wheel. Because of her I had to change my whole lifestyle. As a preschool teacher, I found it very hard to move around with the kids, bend over and stand for long periods of time. This of course caused me to cut back on my work load. I was unable to go on walks, swim, and play with my younger siblings at the parks. Due to headaches, pain or appointments I've also had to miss work which means missed wages are a huge factor.

I'm not writing this letter to try and complain, I just feel you, her and everyone else involved needs to know my feelings towards this whole case. Lately I've felt much anger and frustration that they have prolonged this case. This girl, who is underage, drank, got into a car, drove, hit me, and then drove off, all in front of a sheriff. I learned later that she blew twice over the legal limit. Someone like this shouldn't get off scott free. She needs to take consequences for her actions and needs to be fully charged of all accounts. This girl needs to realize that she should be very grateful that she was able to walk away from this accident injury free. There have been many of these types of accidents where people have died.

Another thing I have been wondering is where did she get the alcohol? Did someone provide it for you? They need to take responsibly as well. I hope that after this, she learns her lesson and doesn't go making a another mistake risking hers and other people lives.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happen to know this family that you speak of. You need to know that this girl is paying the price for this HUGE mistake she made. In an earlier post you stated that she still had her license...she has not driven for over two months. As for the parents feeling sorry for her...wrong again. They do not feel sorry for her, but they do feel that since this was her first offense she should be granted diversion so that she may continue with her volunteer work at the Fire Department. Please find it in your heart to allow this. She definitely made a HUGE mistake...yes she got alcohol from a friend whose house she was at, she then did not want to stay there and got behind the wheel (even though she's been told many times to call for a ride). The family feels there was some devine intervention and that is why there was minimal damage with no serious injuries or fatalities... as she lost both her grandpa and great-grandma this year (her guardian angels). Again...please know that she has learned her lesson and is sorry for all the pain and suffering she has caused you. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you are telling me that if this would've happened to her and was in the this accident you would be be able to find it in your heart to forgive me? Don't tell me that she hasn't been driving around when my mother has seen her driving. I really don't think she has learned her lesson when she is still partying and drinking after the judge told her not too!

    No I will not let the diversion go through so she can work at the fire department because someone who does something like this shouldn't be working as an EMS. I'm a preschool teacher. Do you think I should still be a teacher and working with kids after getting a DUII? You think she has had it bad? I've lost two great grandparents and my best friend within the last year so don't give me your bullshit and pity party because I don't want to hear it. There should be NO excuse for her behavior

    I really don't understand why you guys are wanting me to push through this so bad and support the decision she made. Had I done something this, I can guarantee you my mother wouldn't have been nice about it and wouldn't have bailed me out and made me pay for all the fines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I know the family (and even myself) would be forgiving and understanding especially since there were no serious injuries or fatalities...unfortunately these mistakes are made daily...not everyone learns from them, but I do know that she is. Interesting that your mother has seen her driving around because she has not been behind the wheel of a car since she lost her license 30 days after the incident...maybe your mom has her confused with someone else. I also find it interesting that you know so much about her...do you spy on her? I am sorry you are such a heartless person. That's right you are not religious so you have not learned forgiveness. Very sad. Maybe you should take a poll on how many cops and firemen have gotten DUII's. Yes, as long as you were a good teacher then I would support you continuing to teach after a DUII...I'm sure if you took a poll of teachers you would find that there are teachers that have made this same mistake. Yes terrible mistakes, but people learn from their mistakes and are good people. Nobody is supporting her bad decision and there is no excuse for her behavior...just sad that you want to ruin her life. I also find it interesting that you know her parents picked her up that night and how do you know she's not paying the fines...you think her parents have been nice about this whole thing. I really think you need to get your stories straight before you go around posting crap. Again I am sorry you're so heartless and I hope some day you never need anyone to be understanding and forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On another note, I wonder what the insurance company would think of you out bowling before you're released by the chiropractor. After all someone with whip lass (as you call it) should not be throwing a heavy bowling ball down the lane, I can't imagine it would be good for someone who is bound to two months of chiropractic care along with muscle therapy. As for your teaching, I do hope you're not teaching grammar or spelling because you need to work on your own first. I have now expressed all my feelings towards this case. Again as a friend of the family, please get your stories straight before posting incorrect information. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive