Saturday, December 10, 2011

Are we done yet?

This has been one hell of a week.

It started with getting a phone call on Monday to tell me my court hearing had been cancelled... again. The hearing was suppose to be about putting a diversion on the girl's (the one that hit me in September) duii. The reason why they cancelled? Because her attorney wanted to call and offer me money so the charges can be dropped. The next day on Tuesday her attorney called me. I didn't talk to him nor do I intend to talk to him EVER.

I'm really getting tired of this. They have prolonged this process as much as possible and it is causing me much stress and anxiety. This whole wonderful justice system people talk about it, sucks. 3 months later and I'm still dealing with all this. Because they have money and a family attorney they are trying to do whatever they can to make the charges go away. Because they have money they think they can buy their way out of things. Had they not had any money, guarantee this problem would have been resolved already.

I can tell you now I will not settle! I don't care what they have to offer, this girl needs to take the consequences for her actions. I think its ridiculous that there are options for people to prolong the process and fight the system when they clearly in the wrong. During this whole process she still has her drivers license, giving her another chance to drive under the influence. Her parents don't care and in fact feel sorry for their daughter that she has to go through this whole ordeal. She hasn't learned anything from this and she needs to. The next court date is in January. I really hope this gets resolved soon.

1 comment:

  1. First off, I looked up the incident online under 'crime watch' in the Gazette times, and the police and article stated that the driver of the other vehicle was "unharmed" aka there was no harmful damage done to your body. So thats good! Your health is all that matters. Seems to me that the incident involved the equivalent of bumper cars.

    Second, you don't plan to talk to him ever? That doesn't sound professional. You want things done, but you ignore phone calls? Oxymoron, much? I'd suggest talking to him and just telling him how you want them, and leaving them at that. If he keeps calling, answer, and say nothing has changed.

    Also, the justice system doesn't suck. If you were put in the other girls shoes, you'd understand, until then, don't go running your mouth about her or her family, because it only makes me think of someone who puts others down to make them feel better. You should never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up. Same with talking about money, they may have money, but you only look like you are whining.

    About your last paragraph, who are you to know if this girl hasn't taken consequences for her actions? Have you talked to her? Have you sat down and actually asked her what she felt or was put through? Sounds like you don't know her family or her at all, but you are making assumptions based off of anger from one mistake. People do make mistakes, you know?

    And just letting you know, it would be illegal for her to have her license, and i'm pretty sure she doesn't, anyone after drinking and driving doesn't get their license for months or years.

    You don't know what she has and hasn't learned from this, so making assumptions only proves you ignorant. I understand the frustration, but a blog rant about how you want a girl punished, when you don't know if she's been punished, looks childish.

    You sound like you are wanting her to not be able to drive again, ever, to make her learn her lesson, but that doesn't sound fair or even possible. You want to help others, not give them revenge.

    I hope you figure things out, but in a more mature manner than talking badly about someone on the internet.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive