Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vacation: Road trip to Eastern Oregon

After much anticipation Tyrel and I are finally on vacation. We left early Sunday morning to begin the long drive to good old Eastern Oregon. Of course along the way we made some stops. I had my first IKEA experience. Wow is that place huge! Afterwards we had to get a burrito at Taco Del Mar. Ever since the one in Corvallis was shut down like 3 years ago, Tyrel has been on the search for an open one. All the ones we have been too were shut down, but he finally got his fix after IKEA :) We also stopped in The Dalles at a little diner called Cousins. A very friendly little place and really good food. All for a very reasonable price.

Mt. Hoood!

Later down the road we made some stops at view points. There isn’t much to look at in Eastern Oregon but it’s still really pretty. We arrived at La Grande, just short of dinner time.






We arrived at Wallowa Lake yesterday and are going to be here until Saturday. There is no cell phone service and very limited internet access so I don’t think I will be on very much.

Anyway I'm off for a fun filled day of adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive