Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tell all Tuesday: I HATE cooking!

I will admit, when it comes to cooking I like to take the easy way out. My life is consumed with instant, easy and processed foods. Some of them including macaroni and cheese, pastaroni, hamburger helper, the list goes. I will admit these things are delicious but they really aren't that good for you. But unfortunately with my work schedule By the time I get home it's about 5:45 maybe 6:00 and when I start dinner I'm starving and I just want something quick and easy. Sure it's taking the lazy way but it's enough to feed me and Tyrel

When I have kids I would like to have more healthier dinner items, with more fruits and vegetables as well. My hope is when I have kids I will be able to change my work schedule so I can get off earlier and by able to start dinner at a reasonable time. But if that's not a possibilty I would like to find some crock pot recipes or depending on what we are having, be able to prepare something the night before and when I get home be able to put it in the oven.

Of course when I have a kid it may not matter when we eat dinner as long as my kid is well fed. Now is a good time to practice my cooking skills and it started with my delicious thanksgiving dinner I made back in Thanksgiving. Tonight I decided to continue practicing my cooking skill by making some teriyaki chicken with rice and mashed potatoes! (Not the instant kind)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive