Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What would you do with 1 million dollars?

Money seems to be a huge topic these days. People are always talking about how little money people have and complain about the things they can't have. They dream up and create a list of things they would do/buy if they ever did win the lottery. Most of the time the list consist of buying expensive things: a house, car, tv, accessories, and travel.

If you think about it 1 million dollars really that much money... well it is but I mean in a sense that you shouldn't just quit your job and buy a bunch of stuff. If you chose that road, I'm pretty sure your money would be gone in 6 months. If I had the money I have 3 things I'd want to do with it:
1) Pay off my school loans
2) Pay off any medical debt I own (which is alot)
3) Buy a house

For me, money is not something I see as a big deal. I don't need money to make me happy. I don't need expensive things to get through life. I would save most of the money and the rest would go to other important things in my life, mainly being: my family and my school. I would turn to my family and help them out financially in any way I can. They've done so much for me through out my life, and I would love to repay the favor. Also, if I had the money I would donate my money to my school. Buy new books, toys, and supplies for all the classrooms. Replace the outside play structure, new paint, lights and any other maintenance things my school badly needs.

Call me crazy, but I'm being serious as I type this. Tell me all you want that "if you ever win, you will change your mind," because that wont happen. Even now, sitting in my bank account I have enough money to pay 5 months worth of rent, and all I can think about is other people who are struggling every month. My school in dire need of money to supply an adequate education for the kids. The homeless people living on the streets.

So I'm asking you. What you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive