Monday, January 16, 2012

Sick...

Well I spent my whole weekend recovering from a ruptured cyst the doctor found on my overy. It started Thursday night when I felt pain in my lower stomach and then had a fever. I didn't go to work on Friday and went to the doctor. A pelvic exam, pain and blood work later I was sent to the hospital for an ultra sound for fear of appendicitis.

The ultra sound showed a normal appendix, and I was sent home with antibiotics in case of infection. 3 days later and I'm finally starting to feel better. All my blood work and lab results came back normal and the issue should resolve it's self.

Apparently ovarian cyst are very common and it's nothing I should be worried about. The pain I felt in my stomach was from it rupturing and then me feeling sick afterwards was my body fighting off the toxins that are released. It has no effect on the function of the ovaries (which is great news!)

Now back to work tomorrow. And as I'm saying this I get a text saying school is on a delay start. Yeah for snow days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive