Saturday, October 15, 2011

Shots...

I really hate getting shots. I don't know what it is about them that causes me to dislike them so much. Maybe I find them scary? And it's not because I don't like needles, because I've donated blood before and was given blood work and I can do that no problem. When I was given allergy shots for 5 years, I dreaded it too. I was given 2 shots, sometimes once a week! Ick. for some reason I am a huge baby when it comes to shots...

So when my appointment came up on Tuesday, I had Tyrel come with me where I was given 3, yes 3, shots. Two in my left arm and one in my right arm. It hurt. But afterwards we went and got ice cream and I was given some nice looking band-aids.


The next day my left arm was sooo sore! I could barley move my arm and do anything with it. Pretty typical from getting a shot. The next thing I know though I started developing this really strange rash... I started getting all achy with a fever. Felt just like I had the flu. I noticed the rash felt really warm to touch and it hurt to touch it

It started out small...


But later in the day I noticed that it started spreading!


I didn't know what was causing it. I call the doctors and they told me it was a reaction to the shots I got. They told me to just take some benadryl and if it's still there tomorrow to go see them. But I started thinking that this rash looked really familiar. Like something my mom had awhile back.

I didn't want to risk it, so I went to see the doctor. It's a good thing I did because as soon as she saw me, she diagnosed me with cellulitis; a common skin infection caused by bacteria. She put me and antibiotics and I was on my way. By the time I got home, the rash had spread even further!




Needless to say I am feeling better. I'm glad I went in and the saw the doctor so the antibiotics could start working, because when my mom had it she ended up in the hospital with it. We assume the rash was a reaction to the shot but we just don't know. There are other things that can cause it. Cellulitis occurs when one or more types of bacteria enter through a crack or break in your skin. You could get it from a cut on your skin or having athletes foot not treated. An insect bit could cause this too. So for those of you who are against vaccinations, don't start preaching to me about how vaccinations are bad. This is the first time I've NEVER had a reaction to a shot. I still plan on getting them because of my health

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive