Monday, September 12, 2011

Goodbye is not forever

On Saturday I spent the afternoon visiting Michael's cross on highway 99. The goal was to re-decorate it and make it look nice. His mom had just painted blue so we were going to use white paint to write his name on it. So me, Michael's parents, his brother, and Katy went over to Michaels (the craft store of course. Seems so weird saying it though...) While there we noticed all of the Halloween decorations that were already out, and that's when the ideas came to mind. Michael LOVED Halloween. It was one of his favorite holidays. So what better way to remember him then paint his cross orange and black? So that's exactly what we did :)

The end result!


It turned out really good. I do have the creative touch but I'm no where near artistic, so the fact that I was able to pull this off, I was really proud! As it gets closer to Halloween we want to do more to it. Like find some Halloween ribbon or streamers and hang them off of it. I want to carve a pumpkin since that's something Michael and I did last year. We just want to be able to honor him and remember him in a good way. We even have ideas about what we are going to do for his birthday and Christmas :)

Overall it was a good experience and it was a nice day to think back about the whole situation. I really miss Micahel, but I'm always constantly thinking about him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive