Monday, September 5, 2011

25 in 24 days


I'm turning 25 years old at the end of this month. It's amazing how much things can change. 5 years ago I never imagined I would be where I am now. My goal in life was to be married and at least start thinking about having kids by the time I turned 25. It's obvious to see that I'm nowhere close to that.

It's always interesting looking back on your life. The choices you made reflect on who you are as a person. And even though I thought I would be married by now, I'm glad that I'm not because I would be married to an emotionally and mentally abusive a--hole. Being in that broken relationship made me realize what I strong person I really am and with the love and support of family and friends you can get through anything.

I had a hard time adjusting though when I started my new relationship in the summer of 2010. I felt impatient, ready to move on to the next step in my relationship, even though we had only been dating for 6 months. I felt like I had to start completely over and it set back my dreams and hope.

Luckily my mindset of things has changed. I realized it's not a big deal that I'm not married yet. (Even though everyone else around me is getting married!) It's good to take a step back, slow down . So now I'm currently enjoying life and looking forward to moving in with Tyrel. Will we get married? Hopefully someday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive