Monday, December 13, 2010

Still can't believe you are gone

I went over to a friends house the other night. A friend that has just recently passed away. Good food was provided (as always), lots of memories and stories were shared, and a few tears were shed. There was a lot of people at the house and it was strange at first to see so many people. I kept thinking to myself that Michael was going to show up, expecting him to drive up in his car. I had to keep reminding myself that he is gone... And isn't coming back.

But even after telling myself that my dear friend is gone I would wonder around the house. Then I decided to go to his bedroom. I did really good about holding back the tears through out the night but as soon as I entered his bedroom the water works started going. His room looked the same, his stuff was left where it was suppose to be, the only thing missing was Michael. I looked around and sobbed as I looked through old pictures. Lots of memories filled my head. I sat in his room for quite sometime, until I couldn't cry anymore.

The night ended with me taking home something of Michael's so that I can keep it with me at all times. It's still hard to think about Michael being gone without crying. It's going to take quite some time to get passed this but with the love and support I get from my family and friends I know things will get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive