Saturday, December 12, 2015

21 weeks and gender reveal!



This week I feel like has flown by. My sleep has been much better this week. I had a parent who was so sweet and bought me a body pillow because she could tell I was really tired. I never knew such a simple thing could be so helpful. I put it between my legs and under my belly a little bit and I'm not waking up as much to constantly switch sides. I've noticed that if I'm doing a lot of walking or on my feet a lot my feet start to hurt, as well as my back. Been told this is normal but nothing a good foot soak and some heat don't fix :)

On Monday I had my appointment with the perinatologist as well as an ultra sound. The ultra sound took 2 hours mostly because there were two of them and had to take lots of measurements. The lady had a really hard time taking measurements because they were moving like crazy! Twin A is located in the lower left head down measuring at 11 oz and a heart rate of 143 bpm and Twin B is located upper left feet first also 11 oz and a heart rate of 147 bpm. They are measuring right where they need to be and perfectly healthy. They couldn't find anything wrong in the ultrasound. And yes they are both girls! My mom came with me and captured these pictures of the doctors telling us the gender







Of course Ty is happy that they are both healthy babies but in back of this mind he really wanted a boy. Afterwards we met with the doctor who is specialized in at risk pregnancies. She seemed nice. Mentioned that the twins are not identical and that I had two separate eggs and that each baby is in it's own sack and has it's own placenta. This means that they most likely will grow the way they are suppose to and wont be able to take away the other twin's nutrients. The lady tried very hard to get a picture of both of them but they are too far spread out she just couldn't get a clear picture










After the appointment we raced to the party store to buy balloons for our gender reveal. We tried to do them outside but the lighting wasn't right because our appointment got out so late so we tried again inside in front of our Christmas tree






Next we just need to agree on a name. We had one girl's name picked out that we really liked but we can't seem to agree on the other one. But we have lots of time


How far along?  21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: From the the beginning of the pregnancy I lost 15 pounds and now I'm gaining weight back and it's a total of 2 pounds altogether
Maternity clothes?  Yes but not a must
Best moment this week: Finding out the genders and learning my babies are healthy
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my tummy!
Movement: Still just the occasional flutter movements but I have to really be paying attention
Food cravings: Any type of vegetables with ranch please!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Have you started to show yet:   Yup
Gender prediction:  They are both girls!!!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In and still wearing my belly ring. Curious to know how long that will last
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy this week
Looking forward to: Getting a massage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive