Friday, July 3, 2015

People of Salem

You know as much as I enjoy living here, I'm getting really sick and tired of the people here. People here are jerks and they drive like lunatics. I've experienced numerous times where I sit there thinking, "where's a cop when you need one?" or "wow, way to almost cause an accident."

Just the other day I was sitting at a red light, waiting to turn left. I was on a two way street, turning on a one street and knowing it was illegal to turn on a red light I waited patently. A car pulled up behind and not even 30 seconds went by before we started honking at me because I wasn't going. I of course continued to sit there knowing it was illegal to turn left on a red light, but the guy behind me wouldn't have it. He started to back up, pull into the lane of on oncoming traffic and then turn left, all while the light was still red. I couldn't believe it. Had a car been coming the opposite direction, he would have for sure got hit.

Another thing that happened is when Tyrel was driving home from work. Traffic was stop and go like it usually was. Ty couldn't go really go anywhere because there was a pile of cars in front of him so he just continued to cruise along. The car behind Tyrel became very agitated that he wasn't close enough to the car in front of him and proceeded to tailgate him and show him rude hand gestures. The guy continued to become impatient and since he couldn't go to the right lane to pass (due to the traffic jam) the jerk-head decided to pass to the left, onto the shoulder! Yes you read that right, this guy was so desperate to pass him he did something stupid and illegal to get around Tyrel, only to have to stop because of the traffic!

People of Salem, get your shit together. Is driving around like an idiot and being impatient really worth risking your life and the lives of other people? Are you really going to get to places any faster driving like that? Do me favor and next time and wait for the light to turn green, unstead of being impatent. When you see a bus full of kids, don't get so close to my rear end, or pass when it's clearly unsafe to pass causing me to slam on my breaks. And don't get mad at people for going the speed limit.

Slow down and don't be in such a rush all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive