Sunday, July 19, 2015

Why I swithced to more natural medicine


So I'm sure some of you noticed my constant post about my essential oils. I apologize if this bothers anyone, but I just can't help myself, these oil are amazing!

It all started in the beginning of the year, when my best friend started talking about these essential oils through Doterra. I personally have never heard of them and I honestly thought they were something hippies do or something, so I didn't think much of it. This also happen to be the time I was having constant headaches and was having no luck getting rid of them. I had increased my water intake and getting lot of sleep at night but no matter how many pills I popped nothing was helping. I was desperate! Well my awesome best friend gave me a sample bottle of peppermint and frankincense to help with my headaches. I wasn't sure if it would even work but I was desperate! (Also I wanted to point out that I was on a daily headache/migraine prescription but obviously it wasn't doing it's job.) Well I used up the entire bottle my friend gave me and decided to buy some of my own! I enrolled as a Doterra advocate in April, that way I can order oils whenever I want and for discounted prices and I absolutely love them!

Fast forward to now. My collection keeps on growing and use a lot of my oils on a daily basis.



One of the biggest things I decided to do was to start decreasing my medications. It's something I've been wanting to do for awhile but after a good 10 years of taking them, I honestly couldn't take the side effects of them anymore. I'd rather take something more natural, instead of something that makes you feel in a constant brain fog. I'm doing this with the ok of my doctor of course. He decreased it at first before I completely stopped. What I didn't expect though is how hard it would be on my body. After stopping a medication that you have been taking for over 10 years you can apparently get withdrawal like symptoms. It's been a really rough road but I'm trying to stay strong because I know in the long run I will feel so much better

If you would like to follow my journey or want to know more information about these wonderful oils please feel free to ask! I here to help people. Like my facebook page Living with Essential Oils

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive