Sunday, October 20, 2013

Party in Pink!

Last night I participated in an event called Party In Pink. It was a zumba class that cost $10 and the benefit went towards breast cancer prevention. I have never done zumba before, but have always wanted to try it. I hear a lot of good things about it, like how much of a work out it is. And considering that I love to dance, I figured why not give it try!

The event was held at the Heritage Mall in Albany. I had a friend drag me along and found a spot to stand and the music started. I had no idea what I was doing, I was uncoordinated and messed up a bunch of times, but I stuck with it the whole time. There were no step by step instructions of the dance we were doing, it was one song after another, following the people on stage. I got the hang of it after awhile and wondered to myself why I've haven't done this sooner!







For the people that participated your name got put into a raffle and my name just happened to pulled. I got a gift certificate for free shellac nails! My friend and I dance along and after about an hour, both of us called it good and headed home.

Overall a huge success! Check out their website for information if you are curious
http://www.zumba.com/en-US/partyinpink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive