Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekend baking project


So my weekend of baking was a huge success. I baked 3 different things. Granted the first one wasn't really that hard to make to make because it wasn't from scratch, but it's not something I make all the time and it's only like my 3rd time making it.

Blueberry waffles
I received a waffle maker for Christmas. I used to make pancakes but never had any luck with them, I figured a waffle maker would be easier. Also I like waffles better anyway. Anyway, over the weekend I had some leftover blueberries. I poured them into the batter I mixed just to change it up a bit.





















I'm getting pretty good at making them and very delicous

Chocolate chip muffins
This recipe was also influenced by a Christmas gift I received. You know that paper linings they use for cupcakes/muffins? Well I got silicone ones for Christmas! So I decided to make use of them. I found this recipe on http://allrecipes.com Super easy and makes a dozen muffins

So colorful!



They turned out really good but as you can probably tell I sprinkled WAY too much brown sugar on top of them. Also the tops were a little hard and crunchy. They still tasted delicious though. Not bad for my first try! :)

Banana bread:
So I'll admit I was a little skeptical about doing this one. I've never had much luck when it comes to making bread. The bread either doesn't rise, or it burns. This was simple recipe that I found on www.cooks.com. The thing I did differently was use a 13 x 9 pan, considering I didn't have a bread loaf pan. It didn't take as long to cook either.


It is delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! I love those baking cups! What a great idea:))

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive