Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween costume battle

Planning on going to a Halloween party today (and just found out about it 4 days ago) which meant last minute costume shopping. Considering Halloween is on Wednesday there weren't a lot of options and after going to two different Halloween stores I was finally able to find one.

One thing I've noticed about costumes these days: they barley cover anything at all! They skirt isn't even long enough to cover your butt, the top is low cut so you boobs can show, and most of the time the costume comes in a "one size fits most" which usually means small. It really frustrates me that most Halloween costumes are made to fit small skinny girls with big boobs.

Can you tell you she is suppose to be a cop?
Don't get me wrong I would love to be able to pull it off, but being that I'm a bigger sized and curvy girl, it's just not going to work out. Not very many costumes come in a large size and I can't wear something that revealing to work on Halloween. This doesn't leave me with very many options. It really bothers me that Halloween costumes are targeted towards being skinny and looking "sexy." The costume I ended up buying is super short so I had to modify it, because personally I don't like my butt hanging out. Also the costume only came with a dress, no accessories. You can't really tell what I'm suppose to be without accessories consider it's just a small piece of fabric, so you are forced to buy the accessories separately, causing you to spend more money.

Honestly why the hell should I have to pay $60 to have a costume that only covers half of my body. The less fabric, the cheaper is should be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive