Friday, July 13, 2012

Time for a fresh start

Went to the dietitian and she was very helpful with lots of tips to help me through my weight loss process. Lately I have been feeling extremely tired. So tired that I could barly function. I dealt with headaches on a daily basis, all making it hard to stay motivated to workout everyday. I would simply walk across the classroom and be short of breath, therefore having my asthma bother me. I did some blood work and as it turns out my iron levels are extremely low. Normal ranges between 60 and 170. Mine level was at 27. My doctor recommended iron supplements. It's day three and I'm already starting to feel a difference in my energy level. She also feels vitamin D will help with my energy levels

I was given a meal plan. A plan to have a breakfast, lunch and dinner with a snack in between. It's based on a 1500 daily calorie intake, while drinking lots of water and incorporating at least 30 minute workouts 3 or 4 times a day.

Other things she encouraged is for me to eat more protein. Protein not only helps build muscle mass but makes you feel fuller, therefore not eating as much. The dietitian recommends that I eat 20 mg of protein for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Aside from meat I learned that other things like eggs, cottage cheese and yogurt have protein as well. All things that I find rather disgusting. She then mentioned three other foods with protein- nuts, peanut butter and cheese. All these things also have a lot of fat in them so I stayed away from them. Although in moderation these fats are heart-healthy fats. I am very exctied to start buying cheese and peanut butter again :)

She also wants me to drink at least a cup of milk with every meal. Drinking milk help inhibits fat build up in the tummy area. Don't need any more motivation then that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive