Saturday, April 21, 2012

Preschool fun

I figured it would be fun to use my blog to share my ideas, crafts and planning I do with my kids at work, so that way other people can use them. Or if anymore else has any fun ideas, feel free to share them!

This week was bug and insect week. I had so much fun planning for it and loved exploring outside for all sorts of bugs you find outside. We also did a lot of fun art and crafts. Of course at the time we made them I didn't think to take a picture of them so I had to go online and look for a replica. Our assistant teacher came up with caterpillar hand prints. Basically this is how they turned out.



Of course the ones that she made, came out tons cuter :) On Wednesday I came up with the idea of making hand print spiders:



I like doing a lot of projects with hand prints because it makes the project more unique to each individual child. Every child's hand is different so each spider came out looking different and super cute.

Another thing I did with the kids is make a cup-o-worms. No, not real dirt and worms, but a yummy treat made to look like the real thing! This is something I made as a kid and thought it was was a fun idea. The kids of course loved it, although at first they were a little worried that I was going to be feeding them real dirt and worms. It's super easy to make. I just used the instant Jell-O pudding mix, that takes 5 minutes to prep and you can have the kids help you make it.


You will need:
  • Chocolate pudding
  • Gummy worms
  • Cocoa powder (or hot chocolate mix)
  • Chocolate sprinkles (also called chocolate Jimmies) - optional.
  • Clear plastic cups.
 Put the pudding in first, have them pick some worms and then some chocolate sprinkles to put on top to make it look like dirt. I used graham crackers to change it up a bit. The best thing about this project is having the kids eat their creation, or save it in the fridge for later.

Well that's it for now. I will try and keep up regular post from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive