Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Begingings

Ever had to make a decision that you felt was the right one, but then feel you made the wrong decision? You start second guessing yourself, wondering if what you did was the right choice. On Friday I had something come up that caused me to make a hard decision, at first I was skeptical, but now I know for sure that I made the right decision.

For quite some time I've been job searching. Just looking. Curious to see what other offers were out there. Trust me, I didn't find much. A month went by and I finally found an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. The words "Full time preschool teacher needed" were written on the top. I became very excited. I had an interview, I observed the classroom and was told I would get a call.





A week and a half went by and I assumed I didn't get the job. But I was wrong. Now I'm faced to either leave where I'm currently working, away from a wonderful group of kids, and away from a great group of co-workers. And start working at a new place, with new kids, new boss, and a different way of running things.

It's hard to think that I will be leaving Little Beavers. I'm going to miss the kids that I work with, but I feel that this is an opportunity that I need to take, so I can grow and gain more experience as a teacher. At this new job I will actually be teaching. There is a schedule to follow as well as structure, I will be creating and implementing lesson plans, and I will get to do what I love doing!

I start my new job March 14th. It's going to be a lot of work, but I know in the end it will be worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive