Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Introduction

So here's the story- I have been struggling with my weight for awhile now and I have gotten to a point where I'm actually going to do something about it. Here is what I am going to do to jump start my weight loss program:

1)Reduce my calorie intake:
This sounds harder then is it. With all the processed foods out there it's hard to find food (that doesn't cost you an arm and leg) that in sense is "good for you." Don't get me wrong, I love my macaroni and cheese and hamburger helper so I'm not about to get rid of all my food that comes in a box. The easiest way to do this is decrease the portion size. Instead of eating it all in one sitting, split it up and save the rest for later. I need to remember that my food isn't going to go anywhere :)

2)Exercise:
Pretty much anything cardio. At moment I am switching between running and using the elliptical at Timberhill, but I am willing to try anything. I enjoy going on walks, biking, swimming, hiking, and even just kicking/throwing a ball around at the park with some friends. I would like to change my routine up once in awhile so I don't get bored with doing the same thing over and over again.

3)Lay off the junk food:
I will confess that I have a pretty bad sweet tooth. I LOVE candy and chocolate of all sorts! What I have started doing to help curve my sweet cravings is chew gum (sugarless of course.) Something fruity and sweet that can take off that edge of eating something sweet. I have also tried sucking on a hard piece of candy like a jolly rancher. So far these techniques have worked, but let me know if you have any other ideas!

4)Want a snack? Try something healthy instead:
Instead of grabbing for a bag of chips, I'm will eat some sort of fruit or vegetable. Cucumbers, carrots, celery, apples, pears, peaches and oranges just to name a few. I like eating my celery and carrots with low-fat ranch dressing and peanut butter with my apples and celery as well :)

With the holidays coming up, it might be a little hard but I'm going to do the best I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive