Saturday, November 6, 2010

A different perspective

After some thinking and sleeping on it, I've come to the conclusion that things aren't all bad. The fact that I was given the news of my schedule changing at such short notice without discussing it with me, was a big shock to me. I didn't know what to think and I got upset thinking that I did something wrong that caused me to lose my classroom. It's hard to accept change at first, but you must try and look at the positive side of things. Yes I may be changing classrooms but I'm not leaving Little Beavers. I still get to work with kids, something I love doing. And I still get to work with the same wonderful group of people.

The only big differences that seems to be happening are the age group of the kids. I get to work with the babies, which means changing diapers, nap time and crying, but I get to play and cuddle them all day long. When holding a baby it's like instant happiness. Aside from the messiness and tears, overall it should be fun. The other big thing that is is happening is that I have to be at work at 8:30 now. Yeah it's earlier but that means I get off work earlier. I really don't mind the mornings, but after being on a set schedule of coming in later, it may take some getting use to.

There are other things that come to mind when thinking about this change. I should be grateful that I still do have a job. There are plenty of people in this world today what would love to be in my position and have some sort of job; even taking care of kids all day. Yeah, it's not what I was originally hired to do. It's not what I planned to do after going to college for 5 years, but I'm willing to take to what I can get. I will be working more hours, which means my salary will go up.

And as far as the insurance thing goes, well I will figure something out. I'm just happy that I have some sort of insurance because there are lots of people out there that don't have insurance at all. I still have the medical insurance, which is what I need the most, and if anything I can get medical insurance through work, that is completely payed for by Little Beavers.

Life is still good, I still get to work with kids everyday. I'm still happy about my job, and I still love my life. Money doesn't buy happiness, happiness comes from doing what you enjoy doing. And in the end, that's all you could ever ask for

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive