Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A break up is the best thing that could happen to you. It means you didn't marry the wrong person

I figured I would explain a little more about my more recent post on both here and facebook. I'm not usually a cynical person but all this built up tension and anger really got the best of me last night.

I had a conversation with John, possibly our last one. Things are little bitter between us which leads to me blocking and deleting him completely out of my life. Because of it being finals week I'm just going to leave it as it is for now, but would like to eventually patch things up with him so that things aren't so intense between us.

Having said that, I would like to say another thing: After being in a relationship for 5 and a half years you can't expect me to just forget about it and move on so quickly. You must remember that this was someone who I thought was going to be my lifelong partner. A person that is still very near and dear to me, so please I ask you, let me work through this at my own pace. I appreciate the concern but I can take care of myself.

For now, who knows what the future may bring. Maybe someday our path's (mine and John's) will cross again to hopefully make peace with each other. You may not agree with me doing this but I ask you to support me. After everything that has happened, I've come to the realization that I need to stop listening to other people and have them influence me to make decisions that I don't want to make. It's time for me to step back and allow myself to listen to my own my heart so that I may continue being happy in life. Even if that means others aren't. Take that however you want but it's what I've decided to do.

To end off I would like to quote a friend of mine who was having a discussion about with someone regarding relationships and breakups:


"It was, basically, that you cannot be married for twenty plus years and then get a divorce unless one of the two follow things has occurred. The first is that you were never really in love with each other to begin with. You loved each other, but not the kind of love that was meant "for forever." It was the hormones and the attraction and the fleeting romance that fooled you into believing that two people-any two people- could just last forever. The second thing is that you are having a personal conflict that you cannot resolve. An itch. A question not yet answered. Something you feel you need to do but haven't done yet. And for some reason, whatever that is, you can't communicate your emotions with your spouse. You can't for the life of you believe that you could go out and do these things and then come back to them satisfied."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive