Saturday, June 26, 2010

And so it begins

This past week has been the best week ever. Over the weekend I got in touch with an old friend I went to high school with. Towards the end of my junior end we sort of "dated" after I broke up with my high school sweetheart. Unfortunately it didn't last very long and that's when I met John. After that I never saw or talked to the guy again until about 2 weeks ago.

I bring this up because I can finally say that I don't want John back into my life as a boyfriend. It may have taken me a long time for me to get over him, but I think a lot of that was because I didn't want to. Even after everything that he did to me, I still wanted him back. It has nothing to do with the fact that I wasn't a strong person, I just still cared about him and loved him.

But now my heart is starting to feel whole again thanks to a new friendship. I've gone on a couple with this person and have had so much fun on all of them. He is sweet and nice and able to make me laugh. I feel happy and loved once again. For now I'm just leaving it as a mutual friendship but look forward to more dates in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive