Saturday, March 12, 2016

33 weeks


These babies sure are growing and I have a huge belly and more weight to show for it. By now they should be gaining about 1/2 pound each week, which mean I'm gaining weight more frequently too. I now have reached my pre-pregnancy weight. Probably a good thing I lost 15 pounds during this pregnancy. Right now Baby A who is facing head down is now measuring bigger and weighing at 4 lbs 12 oz, with a heart rate of 139 bpm. Baby B who is still breached is weighing at 4 lbs 6oz with a heart rate of 143 bpm. Everything looks good in my ultra sound and babies are growing right where they need to be. We talked about setting a date for my induction with my doctor, and any complications that can come with delivering breech babies as well as c section. Not really something you want to hear but everything comes with a risk and at least my doctor is honest. Starting next week I start going to my OB at once to twice a week. Since having twins they are want to do a stress test and extra fetal monitoring to make sure babies are doing ok inside the womb. Depending on how the test goes will determine if I need to be put on bed rest or not.

The babies room is looking a lot better, thanks to my mom. We got a dresser put in and clothes all put away and one swing still set up. We still need to set up the crib in our room that we will use for both of them, finish organizing and pack a hospital bag. We still have some time before these babies are born but because it's normal for twins to come early, it's still better to be prepared. Things are getting a little uncomfortable for me, including sleeping. Have to get up a couple times a night to use the bathroom. I sit on the couch to put my feet up as much as possible but even then I still have to get up and move around a little because I feel like my big belly in constricting my air way sometimes. The Braxton hicks contractions have started as well. Nothing to big but a little uncomfortable. I still have a long ways to go, but there are days when I wish I was done being pregnant.

Unfortunately since both babies were facing down, towards my spine they weren't able to get any pictures!

I noticed the other night that my belly is no longer round shaped

 
Really hoping this swelling goes away once these babies come....


How far along?    33 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Altogether I've gained 15 pounds and now reached my pre-pregnancy weight
Maternity clothes? All the time
Best moment this week:   Getting the babies room all organized. It was a disaster lol
Miss Anything? Sleeping through the night
Movement: Decreased a little. Probably because they are running out of room to move
Food cravings: Chocolate!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Have you started to show yet:   Yup
Gender prediction:  Both girls
Labor Signs: Started having braxton hicks contractions on Monday
Belly Button in or out? Getting pretty flat
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy
Looking forward to:  Getting the crib all set up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive