Saturday, January 30, 2016

27 weeks


Ignore the messy hair. I had just gotten off work and was in a good mood so I had Ty snap a picture for me. If you notice there was a big jump in measurements then you should know that when measuring babies at this stage, they start measuring from head to feet, instead of head to butt. They do this because baby is able to stretch out out more, and trust me I can feel them stretching and moving a lot. I feel baby B more then Baby A because she is higher up, but when I'm sitting down and not moving or sleeping I feel both of them kicking me! Whenever they are active I try and get Tyrel to watch my belly move or see if he can feel anything but as soon as I say something and puts his hand on my belly, they stop moving.

On Tuesday I had my glucose test. Had to show up and drink this really fruity and sugary drink, that tasted like orange soda and then sit for an hour to get my blood taken to test my blood sugar. They were testing me to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. I haven't heard anything from my doctor so I'm going to assume everything was normal. No news is good news right? Other then that things have been going pretty good. Some days are better then other. The only things really bother me is the heartburn, which seem to come at random times, achy feet and tiredness. You knew the usual pregnancy stuff.

I had my first encounter with a stranger who commented on me being pregnant. She was an older lady who first congratulated me on having twins and then went into a 5 minute conversation about making sure I raise them right or society is doomed in the next 20 years. Then she asked if I picked names yet. I told her yes. And then she asked, "You aren't going to name them something weird like River and Mountain?" I just looked at her and said, "Those aren't really names..." This is all while I was standing in line at the grocery store waiting to check out. Afterwards I realized I should've told her that is what I was naming my girls, just to see how she would react!

How far along?   27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Weigh about the same
Maternity clothes?  Oh yeah. The only thing I wear for comfort. Sometime I wear a dress or skirt   
Best moment this week: Watching my belly move
Miss Anything? Walking without getting out of breath
Movement: Yes. Especially when I'm playing music or singing
Food cravings: I get random chocolate cravings sometimes
Anything making you queasy or sick: not  really
Have you started to show yet: Yup
Gender prediction:  Girls
Labor Signs: No, just some cramping
Belly Button in or out? In
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Pretty happy
Looking forward to: Date night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive