Thursday, December 26, 2013

Having a holly jolly Christmas

This year was probably the quietest Christmas I've ever had. Generally holidays involve a big group gathering including all 4 of my younger siblings, my brother in law, and my grandparents (sometimes both sets.) Well this year my sister and her husband stayed in Idaho and neither of my grandparents were able to come. It was a small group and very quiet. Now the reason this is strange is because growing up I've always had a big family, having me be the oldest of 5, and our house was NEVER quiet. Always loud and always something going on. Something you get use to and when you go from loud to quiet it's just not the same.

As a kid, Christmas was spent in La Grande. But as our family grew it became harder to travel. Lately Christmas has been spent at my parents house. But even though it was a small group this year, it's always nice to get together as a family.

Christmas morning came and I received a phone call saying that Santa had come so I headed over to my parents house to open presents. Ty and I were spoiled rotten this year and was given a large amount of money for our honeymoon as well gift cards for us to go shopping.

This was the first one we opened. It was in a box with this note sticking out
Ty loves his new hat!

Another one from my mom. She is so creative!







 When we got home we just had to open up my new movies and watch them! We later joined my parents again for a yummy dinner.

My sister's hair!
Playing with my Brother's new toy :)





I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. After being off all week it will be weird being back at work tomorrow for just one day and then having the whole weekend off again

1 comment:

  1. I love your blogs! And I am so jealous of your new shirt! I LOVE BIG BANG

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive