Sunday, June 30, 2013

Crusin' through summer

Well the hot weather finally caught up to us here in Oregon. Let's just say that I'm very thankful for our ac unit. I don't know about you guys but there is something about hot weather that just drains me, causing me not wanting to do anything. Saturday I spent the whole day on the couch and by the end of the day I was exhausted! But today I finally decided to get off my lazy butt and do something useful. So I decided to do some baking. I later found out that probably wasn't the best idea though because then it made the whole house even hotter, but oh how it made the house smell so goooooood!


Because of Ty's OCD he INSISTED on making sure none of the colors touched...


The muffins turned out a little gooey in the middle because I didn't cook them long enough, but I think they still taste delicious!

After baking I decdied to tackle some house work that I have been putting off for the past 3 weeks. Cleaning bathrooms have always been my favorite chore, (weird I know) and normally I'm really good about having clean bathrooms. But when the weekend comes around I've just had no motivation to clean or do much of anything because it's my only time off. Well today I decided no more excuses. I scrubbed, cleaned, swept and mopped the kitchen and BOTH bathrooms. I was so proud of my work I even took pictures

Nice clean kitchen

The extra bathroom

Our lovely master bathroom
I think my biggest accomplishment was the shower though. Because there are no windows in the bathroom, there isn't much air circulation in there which causes a huge mold and mildew problem. I worked on our shower for 30 minutes, scrubbing it clean until it was white again!

Isn't it nice?!
After cleaning for 3 hours I took a break and headed down to the park to celebrate my mom's bithday. Such a wonderful end to a lovely weekend. I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend






1 comment:

  1. Your bathrooms are ADORABLE!! Love how the shower curtains and rugs match!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive