Monday, September 24, 2012

Always something

I swear I just can't ever get a freaking break! I'm currently icing my foot after standing and walking around all day at work. And yes I wore tennis shoes. I've been feeling on and off heel pain for the past couple of months. It was in both of me feet and then went away. It later came back 10 times worse but only in my left foot. I noticed it started getting really swollen at the end of the day and the pain increased tremendously when I slipped at work. Worried I did something, I went into urgent care Thursday night and I did an x-ray. Only to find out that it's plantar fasciitis. Honestly I would have rather it been some sort of fracture, knowing that it would heal in 6 weeks.

But of course, lets just add to the list of chronic issues I have and one more thing that's putting me further away from my weight loss. First I found out that I have slower then normal metabolism so I had to cut my calories even less. Not really a magic pill I can take to boost metabolism of course, although I wish it were that easy. And then of course there was my sleep study I had to do that led to shocking and unexpected results. And due to my crappy nights sleep I've been getting that just makes my body hold on to fat even more, not to mention it makes me too damn tired to want to do anything.

All these things keep piling up on me. It's like life is throwing everything they have at me to prevent me from losing weight! So much frustration going on. Normally this is where I would just throw my hands in the air and wave the white flag and surrender. But I'm not letting it get to me. This is just nearly a speed bump in the long process of my weight loss. This will only make me stronger and more determined then ever.

I. Will. Win. This. Battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive