Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hold on to those memories

Last weekend consisted of an extra day- Memorial Day. And while most people went out of town, camped or had a bbq, a mother and father brought balloons and flowers to a memorial cross for their son. Along with them was their son and two young nieces.

They did a wonderful job and the cross looks absolutely beautiful! Such and great way to remember Michael. The balloons they brought had messages written on them, and then they were sent to the sky


Although I wish I had been apart of this, I was unfortunately unable to. I hope that aside from all the partying, drinking and celebrating of a 3 day weekend, some people took the time to remember someone special to them. I know Memorial Day was originally intended to be for fallen soldiers who served our country, but I feel it's also a time to remember people who are no longer part of our lives.

Rest in Peace Michael. You will always stay close to my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive