Sunday, November 26, 2017

20 months: on to toddlerhood!



So much has been going on in this house that all the craziness is causing me to lose track of the days. Some day I will get back to blogging reguarlary.

Anyway, moving into the new house was a really rough transition for the girls. They did not have very good naps and did not sleep well during the night. This caused cranky toddlers and tired/cranky mom! It was just a couple of weeks ago they started sleeping through the night again. And let me tell you how amazing it was to wake up in the morning knowing I didn't have to get up 4 times during the night! We are starting to get out of the sleep regression phase so that means longer and better naps. We finally got the house baby proofed which has made it so much easier on me and lot less "No's," Recently Tayla's talking has just exploded! She's in a copying phase right now and likes to repeating words, and loves pointing to things asking, "that?" Ivy says some words but not as much as Tayla. She does still talk quite a bit, you just can't understand what she is saying. Both of these girls are currently obsessed with books! And they each have a favorite book they love.

I'm in the process of looking for a job. I've had a few interviews but no luck landing the job. The hardest part I'm having right now is finding care for the girls. Not only is daycare expensive for two kids but a lot of centers are full. My hope is to start working at a center where I can bring the girls with me and then I get a discount on child care, but haven't had much luck. I do have a back up plan of someone being able to watch the girls for when I do back to work and then hopefully be able to find a preschool for them when they get older. This will be a hard transition for both me and the girls. They have never been in a day care situation at all and when they visited one center did well being away from me, nap time however did not go so well. It will take a couple of weeks for them to adjust but I know in the long run it will be good for them.


Helping mom with groceries


Ivy wanted help too


Story time at the libray

Someone took her clothes off during nap again...

Forever photo bombing my selfie's

For the time being I'm trying to make due of the situation by getting out of the house as much as possible. Believe it or not these girls love going on errends with me and they do pretty well too. We also started going to storytime at the Stayton library, which they have been LOVING. I like it much more then the one in Salem.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive