Friday, April 4, 2014

Temptation

I'm sure some of you saw my instagram/facebook status the other day involving a huge chocolate cake that sat on the table at work. A parent had brought it in as a thank you to us for a child that is moving this week.


This thing was huge and it sat there all day. As the day went on the cake started getting smaller and smaller. It taunted me, and it took every ounce of self control not to eat it! This was so hard to do. If you know me well, you would know that I of have a food addiction. I like to eat, A LOT. I use food for comfort as well as to cure boredom. When it comes to sweets my craving for food gets even worse! I use to binge it, which caused me to gain a lot of weight while in college. Up to this day I still have issues with binge eating and it is an everyday struggle for me. It's embarrassing, it's caused me to have low self esteem and low energy. Being a food addict has made it very difficult to lose weight these past years and it's just been one disappointment after another. But I will save this story for another day

Anyway, by the end of the day, the cake was gone! But instead of feeling bummed out of not getting a slice of delicious cake like I normally do, I felt a sense of pride in me. This was a huge accomplishment for me and it has only made me stronger. I went with the entire week of eating no candy, chocolate or sweets! I feel great knowing I'm gaining some of my self control back.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive