Monday, April 15, 2013

Let them grow!

Back in November I took a trip to the High Desert Museum with Tyrel and his parents. There was a butterfly exhibit there... needless to say Tyrel's dad discovered my love obsession for butterflies! As a gift he bought me the live butterfly garden, allowing me to order caterpillars and have them grow into butterflies!


I thought this would be a great teaching experience with the kiddos at work. But because it was November I had to wait since I felt bad about releasing butterflies in the wild during the winter time. So I've been waiting very patiently for the weather to get nice so I can order my caterpillars. Well the wait is over and about a week and a half ago I ordered and received my caterpillars! My co teacher, the kids and I are having a blast watching them grow, as they have become huge. Should be about another week and they will make a chrysalis. Once they have done that we can take them out of the container they came in and put them in a special cage and they will be butterflies! So exciting. I'm probably more excited about it then the kids are, but still this whole process has been really cool to watch. Stay tuned for my pictures!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive