Friday, June 8, 2012

Emotioins: live and learn

My job comes with a lot of emotions. Stress. Anxiety. Joy. Tiredness. Happiness. A lot can happy in a day, and after being with kids for 8 hours, by the end of the day I have all these pent-up emotions, all I need is a little adult interaction.

I'm thankful for my boyfriend who is willing to listen as I talk his ear off for 10 minutes as soon as I walk through the door. I mention everything. No names of course, but details about events that happened through the day. A funny thing a child said, a report I had to fill out or any maintenance malfunction we had. Whether it makes sense to him or not, he just sits there and listens. Some days I come home and don't have any words to say at all. Just sitting there, quietly, tears rolling down my cheeks. The release of these emotions vary in time. Sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes an hour. Either way, Tyrel is there is make me feel better.

Afterwards, I always feel so much better. I feel relieved of my worries and willing to move on and prepare for the next day. The release of my emotions allows to me to be calm and at peace. I'm just happy I have someone willing to support me, without judgment.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Brynna, I'm so very happy you've found someone so amazing in Ty!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive