Sunday, January 9, 2011

Count your blessings

2010 was a busy year for me. It brought lots of tears, joys and life changing events.

  • Started a new term at OSU
  • My relationship started going down the toilet
  • Started student teaching 
  • Learned how to create lesson plans that are DAP approved
  • My dog had to have surgery
  • I worked 7 days a week
  • I reduced my sleep to 2 to 3 hours a night
  • I became addicted to coffee
  • I broke up with boyfriend after being together for 5 and 1/2 years
  • My sister turns 19
  • I get interviewed for OSU's grad program
  • I fall behind in my school work.
  • I stress out as I try and get caught up in homework
  • I finish my student teaching and one of the hardest terms ever
  • I don't get accepted into OSU's grad program
  • I struggle trying to work things out with my ex
  • My great-grandma passes away.
  • I start job searching
  • I get an interview at Little Beavers
  • I have issues with my car starting
  • I work my last weekend shift
  • I get the job at Little Beavers as a full time head teacher
  • I get a pet cat
  • I am given a car as a graduation gift by my wonderful grandparents
  • I decide to give up and not get back together with my ex. I will be happier that way
  • I finish my last term as a student
  • I graduate from college
  • I re-connect with an old high school friend
  • I start my new job working at Little Beavers
  • I get in my first car accident- I hit a deer
  • I get a new boyfriend
  • I have to find a new home for my cat 
  • I'm given a new computer
  • I spend time with  my family at the lake
  • I turn in my 30 day notice and start packing for my new apartment
  • My other sister turns 8 years old
  • School starts for the kids at work. Change of schedule
  • I move into a new apartment
  • I start to fall in love
  • My brother turns 2
  • My other brother turns 15
  • My schedule changes at work
  • My mom is admitted into the hospital for a few days
  • I start weight watchers
  • I tell me ex I want nothing more to do with him
  • My best friend gets in a bad accident
  • My best friend passes away
  • I say my final goodbyes and attend a funeral and memorial service
  • I bring in the New Year with positive thoughts
A lot can happen with a year. It's fun to look back and see how much things have changed. You assume that life sucks and isn't going your way. You feel that you have it worse then anyone else. But then when you go through everything that has happened in the year you start to realize that things could be worse. Everything that happens, happens for a reason. It's all one big learning experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive