Sunday, September 1, 2019

Parenthood



I saw this chart and I don't think I've ever related so much to something in my life. Parenthood has been rough. I knew going into it how much work is it to be a parent, I knew I wouldn't be getting much sleep, but damn it I expected to at least get use to the everyday exhaustion! Not just physically exhausted, but mentally as well.  The mental load mothers deal with on a daily basis is never ending and then you add 5 hours of sleep, cranky kids, and butt load load of chores, sometimes you just it's takes a toll on your mental health. There are days that caffeine doesn't even work, which is something I have to consume on a daily basis. The thing that keeps me going? My kids. They are the reason I get out of bed every morning and keep on going. Because even when I'm tired, or had a bad day, I still have kids I need to take care of. Mom's don't get a day off, not matter what they are feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive