Sunday, May 15, 2011

My lifestyle

I am a teacher.

I work with kids all day who need taken care of. Band-aids on their boos boos, ice for their injuries, and tissues for their noses. I plan activities and help them get through the day, and help them work through problems. Everyday I'm counted on to create a learning environment so that a child may succeed. Everyday I face a new challenge that help me grow to become a better person the next day. I get yelled out, kicked, hit, bit, hugged, kissed, scratched and held.

Teachers these days aren't respected as much anymore and definitely don't get paid what they deserved. Schools are given less money and are forced to shut down important programs like gym and music. More teachers are getting laid off because we don't have the money to pay them.

People may not understand the type of work I do, and may not see that it is worth it, but I love what I do and get such joy out of working with kids that I can't see myself doing anything else

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive